Sunday, November 02, 2008


Hello Hong Kong
I have finally arrived in Honk Kong after almost 24 hours of travel. My flight was long but alright. I did meet some really cool people during the flight that I hope I will run into here in HK.

Hong Kong is close to South East Asia so it has a semi tropical weather and it is currently 85 degrees with about 92% humidity @ 9 pm at night!

After I exchanged some money, I decided to go have a 'look see'. Woaw...the stuff that there is to see! In the picture I included in this post you see the ridiculously could Harbor City in the background (Oh yeah, I did get some Starbucks cause my body keeps wanting to sleep like its 2am and I have places to see and people to meet yet tonight! yeah, I a 13 hours in the future...) I am hoping to walk the length of that harbor by the end of the week.

So far Hong Kong-ites are really neat people. The young people are friendly and cool and most people speak English. People drive on the right side of the car which makes everyone seem like they are driving the wrong way...to me, at least.

I also went out looking for food so I ended up in a typical HK street eatery. These are really narrow and small family owned 'restaurants' (can't really call them that cause they are the size of most people's bedrooms back at home) and only the locals eat there. I stuck out like a sore thumb in there but...that is just the way I like it. I had only some fried rice cause I really wasn't hungry, I just wanted to go out and do the Hong Kong thang! The fried rice looked nothing like the stuff we see @ home and it tasted 19.5 times better.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: